It was fall of 2011 when I started praying about going back to school to get my counseling degree.
I had no idea how I would do it or how long it would take to accomplish this God-sized feat. That was even before I threw 3 teenagers in to the mix!!
18 months after I began school I’m half way there. In just a few short days I will have my Bachelor’s of Science in Organizational Management.
I’ve learned a few things along the way…..
1. When you go back to school, you don’t go alone
While you might be the only one in the seat at school, your family and friends make sacrifices too. They miss out on time with you, read and edit papers, help with homework and take surveys so that you can succeed.
2. I have the best and most supportive friends and family in the world
Don’t try to argue with me, it’s truth!!
3. God definitely has a sense of humor
He sent me back to school to get a business degree, if you know me well you know that’s just hilarious!!
4. What I lack in knowledge I make up for in good old-fashioned hard work
I’m so thankful that my parents taught me how to work hard and always do my best when facing challenges!
5. It’s okay to say no
Over the last 18 months I’ve had to strip my schedule to the bare minimum so I’ve had to say no to a lot of things, and that’s okay!
6. Kennedy Chai Tea Latte’s and Cherry Coke can sustain you through long hours of studying and class time
There is no telling how many of these I have drank over the last 18 months!!
7. I still greatly dislike math
No explanation needed on this one!!
8. I’m way smarter than I thought I was☺
This one might sound funny but the fact that I’ve completed and done well in classes like Statistics and Accounting still amazes me!!